Summer kicked off with great news in the DeviceHub.net camp, after winning the phase 1 and qualifying in the second phase of Horizon 2020 SME Instrument, European Commission’s funding program for research initiatives. Having a huge turnout in project submission, we are in the 6% that won the phase 1 and we are pursuing the next round, competing for 2,5 milion euro.
While the competition was populated by more than 1500 research initiatives from small and medium sized businesses, competing directly with more than 500 projects in the Open Disruptive Innovation category, DeviceHub.net managed to impress the comitee with the proposal entitled “The next generation of Internet-of-Thing (IoT) connectivity” that presented the first cloud ecosystem management platform (EMP) for IoT, similar in function as WordPress is for websites. The IoT applications platform addresses the needs of IoT developers for an end-to-end, effective, inexpensive and standardized IoT platform that enables to connect, collect data and automate processes and it provides companies, developers, individuals or researchers with a tool to connect and control over the internet any device being scalable to any volume.
Among the benefits that qualified DeviceHub.net‘s platform:
- DeviceHub application platform allows users to build mission-critical, highly available, super-secure and customizable IoT apps (WordPress model) that are easy to start, can run in a centralized or decentralized (or hybrid) manner
- DeviceHub is holistic and modular, allowing engineers to insert custom parts that contain specific logic into the application platform, or add new communication protocols, either proprietary or open-source.
- The platform itself is comprised of proprietary software that can be deployed on elastic cloud platforms like Amazon or Google Cloud or can be installed in traditional datacenters, or customers’ on-premise.
- DeviceHub enables innovation! In the context of smart cities: a municipality can control, administer and plan public infrastructures, utilities and services by means of the IoT so that cities are man aged more efficiently and in a more environmentally friendly way.
- DeviceHub.net is open source, free-of-charge platform, to an extent, to individual users, enabling IoT innovation and fostering open IoT environment.
IoT means less time and money spent on regular activities, less resources used and more environmentally friendly industrial and home hardware.
DeviceHub.net is a top regional IoT start-up initiative and is tapping on a market that will see a considerable increase in demand and solutions in every industry, aiming to address the B2B marketplace, projected globally to exceed a value of more that 1 trillion $ by 2020.